Sunday, July 10, 2022

 What Am I to Say Lord? 

   “You will be given at that moment what you are to say.  For it will not be you who will speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.” (Matt 10: 19 – 20) 

   There are days when I begin to write this blog when I have no idea what to say.  Today is one of those days.

   I’ve often tried to look for quotes from the saints and others to spark an idea.  I sometimes turn to the psalms and scripture for inspiration.  On occasion something the priest has said at Mass will spark a thought that I can include.  And sometimes nothing seems to work.

   Jesus told His apostles that the Holy Spirit would give them what they are to say when they were brought before courts, governors, and kings.  When I read the Acts of the Apostles and the many letters of the New Testament this is proven to be true.

   I would like to be able to say that on days when I am at a loss, it is the Holy Spirit that gives me the words, but in humility I dare not claim such a thing.  All I know is there are times when nothing is there in this brain of mine until I begin to write what becomes my blog for the day.

   My words or the Spirit’s words?  In my heart I pray that the Spirit is guiding me.  I will share the words that come to me and hope they may help one who reads them to come closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment