Monday, October 31, 2022

 All the Help We Need 

   “The devil is afraid of us when we pray and make sacrifices.  He also is afraid when we are humble and good.  He is especially afraid when we love Jesus very much.  He runs when we make the sign of the cross.” (St. Anthony of the Desert) 

   There is a war being fought inside of me every second of every day.  It is a war between good and evil.  The war is not easy, but it can be won.  In fact, it has already been won.  Jesus won the war on the cross at Calvary, though there are still battles to be fought.

   Satan is an expert in packaging evil in a beautiful wrapper to convince me to choose wickedness.  He can wrap an abomination in such worldly appeal as to make it appear to be the work of God.  He can tell a lie so convincing that it is nearly impossible not to believe.  He is a gifted warrior and has a trained army of demons at His side.

   But I have a greater warrior and a larger, better equipped army at my side.  I have the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to help me recognize the lies and tricks of Satan.  I have the angels and saints standing beside me to give me strength.

“Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Eph 6: 10).”  St. Paul gives me the solution to successfully battle Satan; it is the whole armor of God.  No sword of Satan can penetrate such armor.

   Our Lord stands at the ready to defend me, to help me to overcome the tricks and deceptions of the evil one.  The angels and the saints will join me in the battle.  With such an army on my side Satan doesn’t stand a chance.  The battle will continue, but the war has been won.

No comments:

Post a Comment