Wednesday, October 5, 2022

 God’s Laws 

   “I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” (Jeremiah 31: 33) 

   I believe that somewhere deep inside we all know the laws of God.  He has placed them there and they will remain forever.  We can deny them, we can reject them and refuse to obey them, but the laws are there to guide us.

   I once asked a professed atheist why he didn’t live his life grasping whatever he wanted, even if he had to hurt or even kill others to get them.  He said because that would be wrong.  I then asked him how he knew what was wrong and what was right if there is no God to tell us?  He couldn’t or wouldn’t answer.

   People find it easy to say they don’t believe in God or His laws but somehow they still have a notion of good and evil.  Some will say that such knowledge is innate, something we are born with, but there is no other animal with such knowledge, only the human animal.  If it is instinctive within us, who placed it there?

   Some have perverted the concepts of good and evil beyond recognition.  Still, I think that in the depth of their soul they know right from wrong.  They might deny God and even deny having a soul, but still His laws are within them.

   In His love God has given us all we need to reach our heavenly home in His kingdom.  He will help us in times of temptation and forgive our sins when we fail to resist those temptations.  However, it is up to us to seek Him and His help.  It is up to us to recognize His laws within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment