Thursday, October 6, 2022

 The Everlasting Rock 

   “Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.” (Isaiah 26: 4) 

   God does not change; He is today as He has always been and always will be.  We are the ones who change and many of our changes draw us away from God rather than nearer.

   If I look to society for guidance I will be led down the path of destruction.  Society cares only for self and selfish desires.  The hopes and plans of society will come to naught, a mere passing of the night.  Only the plans of God are eternal and bring the joy and happiness we all seek.

   In our lives there will be many trials.  Jesus repeatedly warned His disciples of the coming trials and tribulations they would face.  In fact, many faced not only persecution but death because of their faith.  They were strengthened by their Rock, their God, and many went willingly and even joyfully to their deaths.  Death is not the end, but the beginning of eternity.

   The difficulties we face in life are called by many names but the one I prefer is “trials”.  I find the concept of a trial, a test, as the true reason and blessing of the troubles I face in life.  It is my duty, my responsibility to pass these tests, to trust in God even when things seem to be at their worst.  He is my God, the God who loves me.  He sent His only Son that I might be saved.  He is my Rock and upon Him, His love and His mercy, I will rely.

No comments:

Post a Comment