Monday, October 24, 2022

 The Path I Walk 

   I walk the path that I walk trusting that it is the path that will lead me to God’s kingdom.  As some know I recently made a deeper commitment to live for our Lord and I am at peace that this is where God wants me to be.  I suppose some would call me a religious fanatic and that doesn’t trouble me at all. 

   The worldly might look at me and other serious Christians and consider that our faith makes us simpletons or stupid.  They would say we need a crutch to lean on, we can’t face the world.  If my faith is a crutch I will use it willingly to get to heaven and thank God for giving it to me.  The crutches of this world, love of self, money, drugs, sex, and worldly desires help only on the road to destruction, nothing more.

   If the happiness of this world is all there is it is a sad situation.  The peace and joys of this life are short-lived and fleeting.  I often think most people who believe they are happy are not quite certain what happiness is.  It’s not a bank account or a fine home, these things can and do disappear in an instant.  Happiness is peace of mind and the knowledge that if I lost everything I have but still have God I remain a wealthy man.

   I chose to walk the path of faith because in it I find true joy and happiness; I find a peace that tells me the world and its woes are not all there is.  This world, whether it lasts for a few more years or many more millennia will eventually cease; the world I seek is eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment