Saturday, July 15, 2023

 A Beautiful Soul 

   “You are so beautiful to me.” (Joe Cocker, lyrics by Billy Preston and Bruce Carleton Fisher) 

   I imagine God looking at His finest creation, man and woman and saying to them, “You are so beautiful to me.”   Yet very shortly after their creation they would tarnish their beauty by selfishness and sin.

   Our soul was beautifully created but became stained by the sins we commit.  It can become beautiful again if we will submit ourselves to the Father.  At baptism our sins are washed away, and the beauty of the soul God created within us is again pure and unsullied.

   However, we, like our first parents, listen to the lies of Satan, falling once again from grace and soiling the beauty of our soul.  The fact that much of society today denies that Satan even exists is one of the devil’s greatest successes.  How can we protect ourselves and our souls from something we don’t believe exists?  We can’t!

   How I long to leave this sinful world and be united with the Father in heaven.  No longer will there be the temptations to sin, the staining of my soul. My soul will then reflect all the beauty that God intended for all eternity.  I know that when it is time He will call me; my prayer is that I will be prepared to hear those words from my Lord, “You are so beautiful to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment