Wednesday, July 19, 2023

 Do Not Fear 

   “..:do not be afraid, for I am with you; stop being anxious and watchful, for I am your God.  I give you strength, I bring you help you, I uphold you with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41: 10) 

   Throughout the bible, both the Old and New Testament, the people of God are repeatedly told not to fear, to not be afraid.  When we place our trust in Him there is nothing we need fear.  It is when we turn from God that fears and anxieties come.

   Satan has one purpose and that is to draw us away from God by whatever means possible.  Fear is one of his most potent weapons.  If he can keep us in a state of fear and apprehension he can cause us to doubt the goodness and promises of God.

   Our world feeds on fear, governments fear other governments, people fear other people.  Politicians use our fears to control us, creating crises which do not exist, insisting that we must look to them to resolve them.  There is an old song that says everything is cool in a peaceful world (Peaceful World by John Mellencamp), but peace is hard to find when we are prisoners of fear.

   There is only one we must fear, Satan.  Jesus said, “I shall show you whom to fear.  Be afraid of the one who after killing has the power to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, be afraid of that one.”  (Luke 12: 5).  Spending eternity without God is the only thing worthy of our fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment