Sunday, July 30, 2023

 You Know Me 

   “You know me through and through, from having watched my bones take shape when I was being formed in secret, knitted together in the limbo of the womb.  You had scrutinized my every action, all were recorded in your book, my days listed and determined, even before the first of them occurred.” (Psalm 139: 15 – 16) 

   From before time began, You knew me Lord.  You knew the day of my birth and You know the day of my death.  There is nothing that has occurred or will occur in my life that you do not know.

   You knew me before I knew You; the sins I committed in ignorance of Your ways.  You taught me Your ways and still I have done evil in Your sight, betraying Your love and mercy.  I thank You for not taking me during those times, for hell would have been my destination, and deservedly so.  But You knew that I would come to regret my sins and at last turn to You in sorrow and repentance.

   You know how I sorrow for those sins, those betrayals.  You know how I wish I could go back and undo the evil I have done though that is not possible.  You know that I love You now with all that I am and that I long to never sin against You again.

   I desire to leave this life of exile and come home to You and You know that as well.  I do not disdain Your gift of life but while I live I remain in danger of failing You again.  The thought of again offending You, of losing You, horrifies me; let it never be so.

   Father, You know the day and the hour that my life will end.  Be it a few minutes or many years, I accept Your will.  All I ask is that You give me the strength and the perseverance to walk the path You put before me for whatever time I have left in this world.

   You created me to love You, to be holy, to serve You in life and to be with You in heaven.  I beg of You, make me the man You created me to be, make me holy, make me a saint, that I may spend eternity in Your heavenly kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment