Sunday, September 10, 2023

 In the Eyes of the World 

   In the eyes of many in the world Christians are fools.  We believe in superstition, rumor and age old tales that are no different than the fairy tales and folk lore of old.

   Some not only consider us fools, but dangerous fools.  They say our beliefs and our creeds are repressive and infringe upon the personal rites of others.  I suspect many of them would be quite pleased if all Christians and any mention of God simply disappeared, never to be heard of again.

   They say our trust and our hopes are based on a little known itinerant preacher in a nothing little corner of the world.  Someone few knew, and few believed in.  A failure who ended up dying on a cross, the punishment reserved for the worst of criminals.

   As Christians we believe that He was the Son of God, the Messiah.  He cured the sick, healed the lame, drove out demons and even brought the dead back to life.  The unbelievers look at us in wonder, unable to understand how we could fall for such wild, impossible stories.  They put their faith in self and their own misguided justification of right and wrong.  For them there is no need of a God.

   For the record, I am one of those “fools” who believe and do not hesitate to share my belief in Jesus Christ my Lord.  I believe that God created the universe and all that is in it, including me and everyone else who exists or has, or will exist in this world.  I believe that He sent His only Son to die for my sins so that I might have forgiveness and a path to Heaven.  I believe that when this life is over He will come and take me to Himself.

   In short, I place all my faith and hopes in all those things that the world finds so foolish and unbelievable.  I look forward with great joy to eternity in God’s heavenly Kingdom.  I pray that those who do not believe may come to find faith and hope in God while there is still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment