Tuesday, August 6, 2019


 Seeking the Glory of God

   “O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry weary land where there is no water.” (Ps 63: 1)

   Today we commemorate the transfiguration of Christ on Mount Tabor.  How I wish I could have been with Peter, James and John to see His glory revealed.

   I am an exile in a land filled with sin and corruption.  I await the day when I too can see the glory of our Lord as the apostles did.  My greatest desire is to be with Him throughout eternity giving Him all praise and glory.

   Though this world is far from the glory to come I can still witness God’s glory even here.  It is in the birth of a baby; a new life endowed with an immortal soul.  His glory shines in the sunrise, the fields of flowers.  I see Him in the storm, His power and glory watering and nurturing the earth He created.  His glory is displayed throughout creation.

   In a world that seems to want forget God and all He has done for us I will continue to seek His glory.  Satan tries to hide it, but it is there.  I take joy and comfort in the glory of God in this world and anticipate the fullness of that glory in the world to come.  Come, Lord Jesus!

Lord Your glory shines in this world.
It is everywhere I look.
Lead me to Your kingdom.
The fullness of Your glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment