Saturday, August 17, 2019

Surrender

   “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke 1: 38).

   The Blessed Mother’s response to the Archangel Gabriel was a surrender.  A total and complete surrender of her life; a surrender to the will of God.  It was not won by battle or coercion but by faith and trust in the Lord.  Mary chose to become a slave to the Lord because she believed.

   We too must surrender to the Lord.  He calls us, He wants us to be with Him but we must surrender ourselves to Him.  He has a plan for each of us.  Some are destined for greatness, some for a simple life of prayer and service.  Regardless of the path God has chosen for us it is the path that will lead us home.  Surrender to it.

   If we desire peace and contentment in this world God will give it.  His love for us is eternal and will never fail.  He will forgive us our sins and our failings if we ask in sorrow and repentance.  The world doesn’t know or understand the peace of God.  His peace is so much more than the world can give.  Surrender to His will and know such peace.

   In pain and sorrow He cares for us.  He loves us and will comfort us when we are hurting and in distress.  He will mend our broken hearts and ease our sorrows.  Surrender the bad times to Him and He will provide mercy and comfort.

   No matter the circumstances God is there for us.  All He asks is that we surrender to Him, accept His love and seek His will.

In all things I surrender to You Lord.
I choose to be Your servant.
Take my heart, my life, my soul.
Make me holy and bring me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment