Monday, August 12, 2019


Servant of the Lord

   “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.”  (Luke 1: 38)

   I pray that I may emulate the attitude of the Blessed Mother.  To me, she is the perfect example of Christianity.  She accepted God’s will even though she didn’t fully understand it.  Mary had to know that becoming pregnant prior to marriage could have had her branded an adulterer subject to death by stoning.  Yet she trusted in the message Gabriel brought her.  She agreed to be the mother of our Savior.

   I wonder at times if I would accept such a mission from God.  Would I have the courage and faith to risk humiliation, rejection and even death to be His servant?  I like to believe that I would but unless actually faced with such a decision there is no way to know.

   I pray that I may become more and more like my Blessed Mother.  I want to love as she loves; serve the Lord as she does; accept His will as she did.  In this life I don’t believe it is possible to fully become like Mary, but I strive to come as close as possible.  I pray for the strength and faith to follow her example.

   Life is full of uncertainty and questions.  Mary questioned how it was possible for her to become the mother of God but she did not hesitate to submit to His will for her.  She knew and believed that all things are possible with God.  May this confidence and faith be mine in all that I do.

Make me holy Lord.
I wish to be your servant.
May your will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment