Thursday, August 29, 2019


The House of the Lord

   “There is one thing I ask of the Lord, for this I long, to live in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life, to savor the sweetness of the Lord, to behold his temple. (Ps 27: 4)

   This life offers strife, sin and confusion.  Our world is full of war and hatred; sinfulness is everywhere.  Confusion is at every turn; right and wrong seem only a matter of opinion with no regard for God.

   And yet, this world is God’s creation.  Therefore it must be good; He doesn’t do evil.  Only through the eyes of faith can we see through the fog and recognize the beauty of God’s creation.

   There is much wrong with the world, but we need not allow that to keep us from God’s house.  He is with us, within us, everywhere we go.  His beauty and love is there if we seek it.  In many ways we are already in the house of the Lord.

   I look forward with hope and joy to seeing the world as God intended but I will have to wait until He calls me home.  Until then I will search for it here, seeing the beauty rather than the ugliness; sharing love and forgiveness in the face of hatred.  Seeking God’s will in all things.

Lord, our world is a mess.
We have spoiled its’ sanctity with our sins.
We seek the world of perfection You intended.
Help us in our efforts to find it in Your will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment