Friday, August 9, 2019


The End of Faith

   “So we are always of good courage; we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Cor 5: 6 – 7)

   While in this world I must live by faith, trusting in God’s word and promises.  Sometimes this can be difficult, especially in times of turmoil or sorrow.  Those are the times that test my faith but also strengthen it.  Though life can be hard at times I place total confidence in the Lord which gives me great comfort.

   When this life is through I will no longer need faith.  Faith is the trust in things unseen.  In the next life the truth will be visible to me.  All the Lord has said and promised will become reality rather than hope.  God will decide when it is my time to move from this life to next.  While I am anxious to join Him in heaven I will continue to trust and serve Him in this life for as long as He wills.

   Living in faith is what makes living in this world bearable at times.  Living in the truth of God when this life is over is what I strive to attain.

Father, I desire your will in my life.
I live in faith and hope.
I ache for the reality of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Your second paragraph is really profound and wonderful. Your writing is always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete