Wednesday, August 14, 2019


To Live or Die

   “For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.” (Phil 1: 21)

   My greatest desire is to be reunited with my wife in heaven and spend eternity with her, praising and loving our God and sharing the wonderful love He has given us to share.  Yet, I don’t seek death.

   When faced with death Christ prayed, “My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as you will.”  (Matt 26: 39).  This is the attitude I must have.  Not what I would wish but what God wishes for me.  His will rather than mine.

   I have no way of knowing how long God has destined me to remain on this earth.  It is not for me to know, only Him.  Whether it be ten seconds or ten years or more I will do all I can to live it in His will.  Only through following the path He has planned for me can I be sanctified.  Only through bearing the crosses I may be called to carry can I serve Him well.

   I am not afraid of death and I am not afraid of life.  In either case I will rest in the will and the love of the Father.

Lord I pray for Your will.
Let me serve You in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment