Wednesday, June 10, 2020


A Day in the Life

   There are so many distractions in life.  The news is never good; the media seems to refuse to report anything but disaster, hatred, and violence.  To live my day closer to God I usually try to ignore it.  I don’t live in a vacuum and I do keep up on current events, but televised news has become far more of a lie or an opinion than a report.

   Even in the Church there is discord, shame, and scandal.  A small minority of those who have vowed devotion to God have become so self-interested that they are little less than the biased politicians and news media.  Again, for the sake of my inner peace, I relinquish those concerns to God.  There is little, if anything, I can do to change it, so I needn’t let it disturb me.  It saddens me, but it is in God’s hands.  The most helpful thing I can do is to pray for them.

   The world and all within it will pass away.  I don’t know when and I don’t know how, but it will be gone.  To allow worldly matters to interfere with my relationship with God simply makes no sense.  I am willing to do what I can to make things better, but I also understand that only God can truly make the difference.

   A day focused on God and serving Him brings peace.  Offering my day and all it will bring to Him brings comfort.  Knowing that all things will be made new when our Lord comes again brings hope.

All God created is good.
Evil entered the world through Satan.
Satan will be overcome; evil eliminated.
Jesus, I look for Your glorious return.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment