Tuesday, June 2, 2020


Consider the Passion of Christ

   “Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgement, so also Christ, offered once to take away the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to take away sin but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him . (Hebrews 9: 27 – 28)

   Who are those who eagerly await Him?  Am I one?  Are you?  Those who eagerly await Him are those who acknowledge His kingship and choose to live their life for Him.  Not only to live for Him, but even to die for Him if necessary.  Our pains, our struggles are as nothing compared to what He suffered for each of us.  His suffering and death are the result of the sins we commit.  He paid the price we cannot pay.

   I try to take time each day to consider the passion of our Lord.  I think of the pain He suffered, both emotionally and physically.  Those closest to Him abandoned Him.  One betrayed Him.  No one stood with Him at the farce of a trial given Him by the religious leaders of the time.  When offered the choice of freeing Jesus or a known murderer, those He came to save chose the murderer.

   I picture Him tied to the pillar and scourged nearly to death.  I see Him beaten, with a crown of thorns standing before those who desired His death.  He carried His cross through Jerusalem to the jeers of many.  On Calvary He allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross, shedding His blood, giving His life for me.

   I pray that I am one who will be judged to be “awaiting Him eagerly”.  Let me relinquish self to God and His will.  He will come again.  Come, Lord Jesus!

Lord, I look for Your return.
I pray for salvation.
May I live my life for You.
May I die in Your friendship.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment