Friday, June 5, 2020

A New Beginning

   God offers me a new beginning each day.  He gives me a chance to start over, to renew my efforts to more completely love and serve Him.  Not only does He offer me this opportunity each day but every minute of my life.

   When preparing for bed I take a few minutes to look back over the day to see whether I’ve done well or failed in serving the Lord.  I look for those times when I had the opportunity to do better but failed and seek forgiveness.  I look for those times when I chose the right path and give thanks.  I look for and acknowledge the many blessings the Lord has given me, offering praise and thanksgiving.

   Some days I am humbled and ashamed to realize how badly I’ve done in my efforts to live according to God’s will.  In this broken world in which we live there are so many opportunities to fail.  In my weakness I far too often fall prey to the temptations of the evil one.

   Each day is a challenge.  There are days when I feel like a small boat on a large ocean in a storm.  I’m tossed about by the trials and temptations of this world and struggle to reject Satan and his urgings.  I call on God and He calms the seas, stills the wind, and helps me keep the boat afloat.  Without Him all is lost.

Some days are harder than others.
The temptations are great, and I am weak.
Only with Your help can I prevail.
Lord, give me strength.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment