Thursday, June 18, 2020


Letting God Lead

   “For you are my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake lead me and guide me.”  (Psalm 31: 4)

   From time to time I make the mistake of trying to lead myself, thinking I know the way God has planned for me.  Sometimes I continue in this error for quite some time.  Thankfully, before I can mess things up too badly God comes to me and lets me know that I am on the wrong path.  I praise Him and thank Him for watching over me and correcting me.

   Sometimes it’s just a gently nudge, barely perceptible to me.  So gentle, in fact, that I ignore it and continue down the path I have chosen rather than realizing God is trying to urge me back to His chosen path.  At other times it’s almost painful when God finally makes me understand how far I’ve wandered from the path He wants me to follow.  He brings me to my knees in sorrow.

   I have complained at times that God doesn’t always tell me what He wants of me, but I’ve complained in error.  He may let me wander a bit, but He always brings me back.  If I listen closely I can hear the small uncertainties that come to mind.  If I would only pay more attention I would understand that God, in His love, is letting me know that I have strayed.

   The path God has chosen for me is one of prayer and devotion to Him.  Sadly, there are times when I find myself seeking the things of this world rather than those of God.  I wish I were stronger, better able to reject the temptations of Satan, but I’m not.  So God must correct me and guide me back to the path He has chosen.

   As He told St. Paul, God tells me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Amen Lord, use Your strength to save me from my weakness.

Sometimes I stumble.
Sometimes I am close to falling.
You come and show me the way.
In Your strength save me from my weakness.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment