Monday, June 15, 2020


Finding the Peace of God

   “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33)

   There are days when my life is a mess.  Days when I feel as though I don’t know whether I’m coming or going.  I remember things better forgotten, bringing sorrow and pain.  I am reminded of past sins and feel the guilt all over again.  Satan is at work within me and I know it, but it is sometimes hard to push him and his evil from me.

   It is on these days that I find most comfort in the words of Jesus to His apostles.  Even they would experience trouble in the world, they would know the temptations of Satan.  Judas succumbed and betrayed Jesus.  Peter denied knowing Christ three times and sorrowed greatly.  Throughout their lives the apostles would suffer for the Lord as they spread His word far and wide.

   Jesus said to His apostles, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  Not as the world gives do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled.” (John 14: 27).  They accepted their troubles and trials in the certain hope of the peace to come.  I am to do the same.

Trouble and pain is a part of the world in which we live, only in God is there peace. When life is most difficult He comes to me, reminding me of His promise of peace, giving me strength and comfort.  He has conquered the world.

On my darkest days You bring light.
You replace my sorrow with joy.
My sadness with happiness.
In Your peace I comforted.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment