Friday, June 19, 2020

Sharing thoughts of God

   Sometimes I sit down to write the day’s blog and draw a blank.  Nothing comes to mind and I have no idea what I am to write about.  There are always plenty of things I could say, but I always pray for guidance from the Lord.  My desire is to share what He wants me to share rather than what I may think He wants me to share.

   In these times I sometimes just put the computer aside and go about other parts of the day.  Sometimes I will try to find a quote from scripture or a saint to light a spark.  But I’ve found that if I go searching I usually find nothing that I feel is right.

   What I’ve learned is to quit relying on myself and turn it over to God.  If nothing comes to mind it’s best to it to offer it to Him in prayer and ask His guidance.  I am often amazed at how the blank slate sometimes takes shape and words begin to flow.  There are times when I just start typing and just let it go where it will, trusting that God will keep me on track.

   In over two years of writing this blog I have yet to fail when I leave it to the Lord.  This is not a point of pride but of praise and thanksgiving to my loving God.  When I finish I offer it to Him before I post it.  Sometimes there is too much of myself and not enough of Him; times when editing or even a complete rewrite is necessary.

   I suppose today was one of those days.  I thought I had nothing to say and yet I’ve almost written today’s blog.  Rather, God has written today’s blog.  I believe this is the way it is supposed to be.  I am to share what God wants to share, say what He wants to say, always understanding that this blog is for His greater glory, not mine.

Father, sometimes I draw a blank.
It is then that You come to me.
I submit myself to You.
You help me share Your word.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment