Wednesday, June 24, 2020


One Day at a Time

   “Your eyes saw me unformed; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came into being.” (Psalm 139: 16)

   When people ask me how things are going I usually answer, “I take it one day at time.”  I sometimes get an unusual look, but those who know me understand what I mean.  Each day is a gift from God, and I am grateful for that gift.

   Some are easy, some are more difficult, a few seem impossible to get through.  The pleasant days, those that pass without struggle or trial, are a gift from God and I thank Him for them.  The challenge is to remember and accept that even in the difficult days God is there.  He may be teaching me or reminding me that without Him I am nothing, but He is there.  So, I thank Him even for the difficult days.  Even when they seem impossible, He is there; He will carry me if the burden is too much for me to bear.

   As I approach seventy years of age I’m more and more aware of the shortness of life.  Far more years have passed than remain.  Each day is truly a blessing from God and an opportunity to come closer to Him.  My health is good, and I try to keep it that way, but the fact remains that I am nearing the so-called average life expectancy.

   Some may become depressed and saddened as their life draws to a close.  Instead, I am pleased with what my life has brought me and look forward to rebirth into eternal life.  Whether it be one day or many years I will thank the Lord for all He’s done for me and I will do all in my power to live my life for Him.  I will continue to take it one day at a time until He calls me to my final home.

Life is short.
It is over in the blink of an eye.
Help me live for You.
Lead me to my heavenly home.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment