Saturday, April 2, 2022

 Repent!  He Will Forgive 

   “Though your sins be numerous as the grains of sand on the shore, God’s merciful forgiveness is far greater than your sins.  Do not be afraid.  Trust in his love.  Repent of your sins without delay and return to the house of the Father.  He is waiting for you.” (Patrick Madrid, “A Year with the Bible”) 

   It's so easy to begin to think that I am not worthy of God’s forgiveness.  The reality is that I can never be worthy of His mercy and forgiveness, but He wants to forgive me anyway.

   The world offers so many things that appear to be pleasurable and desirable.  Satan is the great liar, and his lies are in every part of my life.  Wherever I go the devil is there with temptations and lures to draw me from God and into the world.  His only purpose is to turn anyone of faith away from that faith.

   His lies are seemingly plausible by the truth that I am a sinful man.  No matter how I try I can never completely avoid sin.  Satan would have me believe that my sins are too many and too great for God to forgive.  He tries to tempt me by asking if I’m sure that the sins I’ve confessed are truly forgiven or am I deluding myself.

   God tells me otherwise.  He tells me, “I have swept away your transgressions like a cloud, and your sins like a mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44: 22).  I will choose to ignore the lies of Satan and rely on the promises of my God, who loves me.

 

I am a sinful man Lord.  I turn to You in repentance for my sins.  I seek Your love and merciful forgiveness.  I trust in You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment