Friday, April 1, 2022

Modernists in the Church 

   It seems more and more people are convinced that over two thousand years of the teachings of the Catholic Church are all of a sudden outdated and in need of re-writing and reform.  From the laity to priests, bishops, cardinals, and even the Pope it seems they care more for “fitting in” with current cultural desires than with living the truths of God.  Their arrogance is astounding!  I would suggest they read and contemplate Job, chapter 38.  I won’t quote the entire chapter here as it is too lengthy, but it begins with a stern message that many need to hear.

   “Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind; ‘Who is this that darkens council by words without knowledge? Gird up your loins like a man, I will question you, and you shall declare to me.  Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?  Tell me if you have understanding.  Who determined its measurements – surely you know!  Or who stretched the line upon it?  On what were it bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone when the morning stars sang together and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy?’” (Job 38: 1 – 7)

   The rest of the chapter goes on to show the foolishness and pride of those who would challenge the word of God to meet the desires of a sick and sinful society.  Their actions anger me and should anger all faithful Catholics.  I would suggest that they either reconsider their heresies or, for the good of the Church and all the faithful, resign and go elsewhere with their heinous teachings.

   One final quote from scripture that is entirely appropriate here;  “Be still and know that I am God!  I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46: 10).

 

Father, look down upon Your Church and see the problems we face.  Touch the hearts of those who would reject and deny Your truth.  Help them to return to the faith of their fathers.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment