Sunday, June 2, 2019


Give Your Heart to God

   “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”  (Ezekiel 36: 26)

   I have given my heart to God.  I have prayed that He will remove my hard heart and give me a heart of love filled with the Holy Spirit.  This is my strength and my comfort.

   When our heart belongs to God He resides within us.  His presence brings peace and comfort.  Regardless the pains, sorrows and trials of this life our Father will be there.  He will help us through the difficult times and support us in our efforts to live our life for Him.  The peace we seek is not possible without God in our life, in our heart and in our soul.  Only He can bring harmony to our life.

   There is no greater blessing than that of the indwelling of our Lord.  The gifts of His love are unfathomable.  When God is foremost in our lives we readily see the beauty of His creation; we are better able to recognize Him in our neighbors.  Through His grace our lives begin to reflect His image in our life.

   It’s not hard to recognize those whose life is given to God.  They are the ones who look for ways to help others.  They accept everyone with love, recognizing that they are the children of God.  They have greater joy and happiness in their life.  They, like everyone else, will suffer and have trials in their life but the crosses they bear don’t discourage them or make them despair.  They are confident that God has everything under control.

   I thank God each day, several times a day, for His presence in my life.  I am confident of His love and mercy.  He supports me in the bad times and assures me of life everlasting in His presence.  Praise God forever!

Father, You are my strength.
You lift me from despair by Your mercy.
Your Love is unending.
My heart rejoices in Your presence.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment