Saturday, December 7, 2019


An Hour With Jesus

   “And he came and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter, ‘Simon, are you asleep?  Could you not watch one hour?’”  (Mark 14: 37)

   Like many Catholics, I spend an hour each week with my Lord in the Adoration Chapel.  Before me is the Blessed Sacrament; the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ.  It is an opportunity to spend quiet time with Him and to grow closer to Him.  Sometimes I read or just sit silently in His presence.  But I always spend time in prayer considering the sacrifice He made for me on the cross.

   In contemplating His passion and the death He suffered, I realize that I caused that atrocity.  It is for my sins and the sins of the world that Jesus chose to die on Calvary.  His death and resurrection opened the door to heaven to me and all who believe.

   While in adoration last evening the following prayer was in my heart:

Jesus, my thanks for Your sacrifice is insufficient.  I do thank You with all that is within me, but it’s not enough.  Therefore, I give to You my life.  I give You my heart, my soul, and all I am to use according to Your will.

I willingly accept whatever You have planned for my life.  I lovingly accept whatever death you may choose for me.  With Your help I will endure any pain, sorrow or agony this life may bring.  Whatever I am, whatever I may become I give to You my Lord.

Lord take me and make me holy.  Make my life a sacrifice worthy of Your acceptance.
I am Yours’ Lord, do with me what You will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment