Sunday, December 29, 2019


In Stillness

   “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46: 10)

   Wherever I go, whatever I do, God is there.  He is in the majesty of sunrise and sunset.  His glory shines in the heavens, He is heard in the thunderstorm as His lightning flashes.  His presence is always near, He is with me always.  What an incredible blessing!

   And yet I find Him most easily in the stillness.  In the quiet of my heart I know Him, in the silence He comes to me.  Elijah did not find God in the earthquake or the wind or the fire, but in the still small voice. (See 1 Kings 19: 11 – 13).  The world is full of noise, mostly the noise and turmoil brought by Satan.  The stillness is rare and to be prized for it is there that I can best be with my God.

   In the stillness of the Adoration Chapel before the Blessed Sacrament I am close to Jesus and He is close to me.  In silent prayer I seek Him, and He responds.  The quiet times with God strengthen me, they give me comfort and solace.  I am aware of His love and mercy; the joy of being with Him.

   No matter where I go or what I do I will always seek the quiet.  It is there that I meet my Lord.

Lord, I find You in the silence.
You are most present to me in the quiet.
The world is so noisy.
Help me find the stillness and You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment