Tuesday, December 3, 2019


Climbing The Mountain



   Though I’ve never climbed a mountain I sometimes think of life as being very like climbing one.  Part of the climb is simple and easy.  Other parts are extremely difficult and dangerous.  Regardless the hardships we may face, we must climb the mountain; that is life.


   As a Christian I see the top of the mountain as my heavenly home.  The climb has a purpose worth pursuing.  Looking at it this way the hardships don’t seem as hard, the difficulties less overwhelming.  Even when it seems I’ve reached a place where the climb is near impossible I know that the reward far exceeds the risk and that Jesus is there to help me.


   There have been many times in my life when I’ve reached out to my Lord in need of help.  There are times when I feel that all is lost and my faith seems to be faltering.  There are times when I want to give up and quit the climb.  I reach out to Him and He takes my hand and leads me through the difficult times.  Sometimes I feel as though He has picked me up and holds me in His arms to quiet my soul.


   When I can’t see the way ahead He is always there.  My Lord will never abandon me.  The times when I don’t think I can continue the climb are the times He comes to me with love, mercy and encouragement.  He opens His arms to receive me in His love.


Lord, there are days when I feel I can’t go on.
There are times when I’m not sure I want to go on.
It is then that You come to me.
You save me from myself.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment