Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Right Thing

   "My obligation is to do the right thing.  The rest is in God's hands."  (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

   In so many things there is so little I can do.   I can't change much in this world but I can change myself.   I can do what is right and pray for those who refuse. 

  When I read the gospels I see many things that needed change just as there are today.  Jesus spoke against sin and immorality but few listened.   He spoke of love of God and neighbor but most ignored Him.   He taught forgiveness rather than condemnation but was condemned to the cross by those He came to forgive.

   The same sins,  immorality and hatred that existed when Jesus walked still exist today.   I can't change that.  It is far beyond my ability to effect major change.  What I can do is live my life for God and pray for those who don't know Him. 

   Only God can change the world and it seems He is doing so one heart at a time.   I have given Him my heart and will try my best to live according to His will.  May He touch the hearts of others and bring them home to Him. 

Lord, You are a God of love and mercy. 
I pray for those who don't yet know You. 
Touch their hearts and bring them home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment