Monday, September 26, 2022

 Holiness 

   “Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being just what God wants us to be.” (St. Therese of Lisieux) 

   Doing God’s will and being what He wants me to be will bring holiness, but it requires complete trust and faith.  I must submit myself to him , praying for the wisdom to know His will and the strength to live by it, confident that He will lead me where I need to go.

   But how am I to know what His will is in every situation that arises?  There are times when it is very clear to me, but there are also times when I am unsure.  I pray for guidance, and at times it becomes clear.  However, the help I need isn’t always obvious, or it may come later, sometimes much later.  I try to see these times as opportunities to grow in trust and faith and move ahead with the confidence that He is leading me even when I am unaware.

   My greatest desire is to be what God wants me to be but even that isn’t always clear.  He wants me to be a saint and live with Him forever but, again, He is the only one who make me a saint.  In a very real sense, it’s as if I must give Him my permission to bring holiness to me.  He loves me, He wants me to be a saint, but He will also allow me to say no.

   Even though I may not completely know His will or the path He wants me to walk, I know that if I look to Him in prayer, trusting in His love and mercy, He will lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment