Thursday, September 8, 2022

 Looking Back, Looking Ahead 

   I will turn 72 years of age in a few days.  Birthdays really hold no great meaning to me at this point, however, it has made me consider what I should be doing with what remains of my life.  There are many things I could do, but most of them are of no real significance.  What the world sees as fun and exciting are of little interest to me.

   I get a lot of pleasure in visiting with my family.  The times we spend together are the highlights of my life.  Getting together with friends is another great joy for me and I am blessed to have some wonderful friends.  Our times together bring sunshine to a sometimes dreary world.

   I used to love baseball and other sports, but the politically correct police have taken the fun out of sports.  Even in high school and college the idiocy of our society has changed everything.  Sports are no longer about playing the game but making a statement.

   My wife and I always enjoyed traveling and were blessed to have the opportunity to visit many wonderful places in this world.  I’ve often thought of traveling still, but what made traveling fun was sharing the joys with her.  Since she has passed, travel no longer interests me.

   I’ve come to realize that living for eternity is what really matters in life.  I have no way of knowing if I have only a few minutes or many years left in this world, and it really doesn’t matter to me.  I’ve been very blessed in life and am thankful for all God has done for me.  Whatever time I have left I will give to Him; to know Him better, to love Him more, and to serve Him as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment