Wednesday, September 21, 2022

 To Find God 

   Everywhere I look, there is God.  In all my hopes and desires, there is God.  In the smallest detail of creation and of life, there is God.  And yet it still seems hard to find Him; His majesty and glory make Him far above my understanding.  I want more than anything to completely know God, but that isn’t possible in this lifetime, imperfection can never truly know Perfection.

   If I want to know Him better, I must first allow Him to find me.  What I mean by that is to relinquish myself to Him, allowing Him to enter ever deeper within me.  He wants to make me holy and overwhelm me with His love but will not do so unless I allow it.  If I choose to reject or even limit His presence in my life, He will still know me, but I will never know Him.

   Jesus’ life was one of total commitment to the will of the Father.  This is what God wants of me even though He knows that I cannot completely comply with what He asks.  But I believe that in His love and mercy my poor efforts to please Him do please Him.

   As He was dying on the cross Jesus said, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” (Luke 23: 46).  My hope and my prayer is that as I am dying, I too may be able to say “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment