Monday, September 12, 2022

 Perseverance in the Lord 

   “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.” (Romans 12: 12) 

   I have no way of knowing what the new day will bring when I wake up in the morning.  Some days are good days and others are difficult to bear.  Whichever it may be,  the new day has been given me by God and I will accept what it brings, thanking Him for the good, and drawing my strength from Him when it is not.

   Perseverance has become pretty much unheard of these days.  We are an impatient people; persevering is not something we do very well.  But perseverance is what is needed to get through each day in this world.  Without it the trials and tribulations can overwhelm us and drive us to distraction and even dismay.

   However, if we look to God and persevere in our trust and faith in Him we can overcome rather than becoming overcome.  Even on the worst of days He will give us the strength we need if we ask.  But we must ask in the faith that He will answer.  The prayers of the faithful are like sweet incense to the Lord and He will never ignore them.

   The days come and the days go.  I give thanks and praise to God for all the good ones, for the joy and happiness they bring.  But I also give thanks and praise to Him for the ones that are not so good.  They teach me humility and help me better realize that without God the world will defeat me; I am lost.  But when I put my trust and faith in Him, confident in His love, I can overcome any struggle that may come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment