Thursday, September 29, 2022

 Solitude with God 

   People say they can’t find God.  He is everywhere, so not finding God is not really a possibility.  I think what they really mean is that they don’t know God.  Some would call it “feeling” God in their life.  But you can’t know God or “feel” Him in your life by your own desires.  To know God comes only through grace.

   Those who know Him grow closer to Him in many ways.  But the walk with God is a personal one.  In many ways it is a path that we must travel alone.  What brings one closer to Him may be of no value to others.  Each of us must follow the path that God puts before us if we are to reach Him.

   In my life the path that leads me closer to the Lord is the path of solitude.  In the alone times with Him is when my heart and soul swells with His love and His presence.  In solitude, when it is just me and God, is when I feel nearest to Him.

   Solitude is not total isolation from all else.  My family and friends bring me happiness and I need their presence in my life and always will.  But I also need the times of solitude.  It is then that l grow closer and closer to my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment