Thursday, December 17, 2020

 The Paths We Choose 

   There are many paths to follow, many ways to live my life.  Each day I must choose which path I will walk.

   So many paths, so many ways.  The choice is completely mine.  God will not interfere; He will not force me on His path or demand I believe in Him.  Freedom of choice leaves it entirely up to me.  Make the choice, decide on a path, see where it leads.

   In my life I have walked several paths.  Some full of sinfulness and disregard for the Lord.  Some of indifference, as if I am in control and need not worry about God and His desires.  I found no happiness in those paths, only a longing deep in my heart, a knowledge that somewhere there is a better way.  There is a God who wants to love me if I will only let Him.

   At some point I finally turned to God and claimed Him as my Lord.  My path now is the one He has chosen for me.  I still stray from time to time, but He calls me back.  He will let me wander but then remind me that there is only one path to happiness, the path He has chosen.

   Jesus came because I am weak and sinful.  I can never pay the price for the sins I’ve committed.  I am often reminded of some of my most grievous sins.  I used to think it was Satan trying to steal my peace, but I’ve come to belief it is the Lord’s way of reminding me of how loving and merciful He is.  Regardless the sin, He will forgive. He loves me and wants me to spend eternity with Him.  He is my Rock and my Salvation. 

Father, I have no claim to Your love.

You give it freely.

Heal me, forgive my sins.

Strengthen me to serve You alone. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment