Saturday, December 19, 2020

Visiting With the Lord 

As a Catholic I have absolute faith in the real presence of my Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.  Accordingly, I often go to the adoration chapel to spend time with the Lord in the Sacrament.  Last night was one of those times.  I wanted to share some thoughts about my experience during that visit.


In the chapel.  In the presence of my Lord.  In the quiet, the calm, the silence.  Here I find Him, here He is with me. No one else seems to exist, just the Lord.  He is all I need; the One I must have in my life.  In Him is my safety, my hope, my salvation.

There is no better place to be than with Him.  Just the two of us, sitting together in the quiet.  He is before me in the Blessed Sacrament, He is within me in my heart.

To be here, to sit with Him for a while.  To share my thoughts, my hopes, my prayers.  This is where I need to be. This is where I find peace and comfort.

I take Him with me as I leave this holy place. He remains in my heart, in my soul and in my life.  There is great peace in this knowledge.  My heart in filled, my soul overwhelmed.

Thank you, Lord.

 

I come to sit with You.

To pray and be with You.

You come to me in the silence.

You fill me with Your presence.

 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment