Monday, January 30, 2023

 Do Not Fear 

   “It is the Lord who goes before you; he will be with you and never fail you or forsake you.  So do not fear or be dismayed.” (Deuteronomy  31: 8) 

   These words from Moses were spoken to the Israelites as they were about to cross the Jordan into the promised land.  Throughout scripture those who believe in and trust in God are frequently reminded that they should not fear.

   But fear is a common feeling in our world.  We fear for ourselves, our families, our nation, and our way of life.  We fear illness and most certainly fear death.  But Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You have faith in God; have faith in me also.” (John 14: 1).  If we trust in Him and have faith in His word then we should not fear the world and what it can do.  When we trust completely in Him there is no fear, not even of death.

   In a society that neither respects life or anyone who might disagree with them, putting fear aside and trusting in the promises of Christ can be difficult.  Even as believers we sometimes can’t see the glory that awaits us because of all the evil that surrounds us.  We want to fix what can’t be fixed and stop the insanity.

   The only way I can hope to follow Jesus’ advise and not let my heart be troubled it to trust in Him and His words, “In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.  If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.” (John 14: 2 – 3).  Amen Lord, come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment