Saturday, January 14, 2023

In Times of Turmoil 

   There are times in our lives when we must face extremely difficult circumstances.  Times we can see nothing that we can do to help resolve the situation and can’t understand why it has happened.  In those times of turmoil, the only real relief I have found is in prayer.

   I won’t say that prayer always fixes things as I would wish them to be fixed or that prayer always tells me why things happen and helps me understand.  But in prayer and with faith and trust in my Lord, all things can be endured.

   One of the places I find great comfort in those times is in the Psalms:

 

“For God alone my soul waits in silence,

   for my hope is from him,

He is my rock and my salvation,

   my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my deliverance and my honor;

   my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

 

Trust in him at all times, O people;

   pour out your heart before him;

   God is a refuge for us.” 

   (Psalm 62: 5 – 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment