Friday, January 13, 2023

  Prepare for Eternity 

   I do not know on what day or what time the Lord will come to take me to Himself.  Therefore, I must consider that each day could very well be the last and always be prepared for eternity.

   While some may consider this line of thought morbid or depressing, it shouldn’t be; it is simply recognizing that death is a fact of life.  We need to live our lives always recognizing that fact and prepare ourselves for what comes after.  When I consider my mortality and live my life preparing for eternity there is no need to fear death whenever it may come.

   I believe that when this life is over Jesus will come for me and take me to Himself.  He promised as much when He told the apostles, “In my Father’s house there are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” (John 14: 2 – 3). That promise gives me hope and tells me that I must prepare for His coming in all that I do.

   Life is an unknown in many ways and one of those unknowns is when it will end.  Eternity is ever lasting and never ends.  We prepare for so many things in life but are we prepared for eternity?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment