Thursday, January 19, 2023

 The Ways of God 

   “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55: 8 – 9) 

   I struggled for years trying to understand the ways of God; trying to know His plans and His thoughts.  Such struggles are useless and serve no purpose except as a distraction from how I should approach my God.

   Finally I realized that is not up to me to know or understand His ways or His thoughts, it is up to me to submit myself to His will whether I understand or not. My place is not to question but to accept His will regardless of what it may bring.     

   “Be still and know that I am God!   I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46: 10).  These are the words I must live by; the words that will help me understand and accept that is not necessary that I understand, but to trust in Him in all things.

1 comment: