Wednesday, January 4, 2023

 Make the World Go Away 

   Some days are better than others.  Some days following the Lord is easier; these days are a gift from God for which I am very grateful.  Then there are the days when the world intervenes and takes me down a path that I don’t wish to travel.

   I get up in the morning expecting this day to be another day to love my Lord and obey His will in my life.  And even though I try there are days when without even realizing it I’ve gone down a rathole rather that offering all that I do for the glory of God.

   It’s frustrating when I allow the world to interfere with my relationship with God, but in a strange kind of way it is also a blessing.  Though I’m disappointed in myself when these days occur they very vividly remind that it is only through the grace of God that I can offer myself to Him; it is only with His help that I can live my life for Him as I should.

   I know that no matter how much I try there will be times when I will fail to be the faithful servant of God that I wish to be.  And yet once again He will forgive my failures; once again He will look upon me with love and mercy; once again He will remind me that I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment