Wednesday, May 29, 2024

 Happiness In God 

   I look at my life and see many times when I was lost, looking only to worldly things for joy and happiness.  But there is no lasting joy in this world, only the temporary façade of happiness.  The promises of the world can never deliver what they offer.

   Looking back helps me remember when I finally found happiness.  I can’t put a date to it, but I know that a profound change came over my life when I submitted it to God.  To release the anxiety and worries of this broken world, trusting Him in all things, brings calm, peace, and a happiness that the world can never offer.

   God only desires what is best for us.  His ways are mysterious, and we will never fully understand them, but they are always what is needed for our spiritual growth and well-being.  The happy times teach us gratitude, urging us to always give thanks to God.  The trials teach us endurance and trust, knowing that when we place our trust in God we are on the right path.

   Christ said, “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matt 11: 29 – 30).  When we accept His yoke we will know happiness in all things and have His peace within us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment