Friday, May 3, 2024

 Questions 

   “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.” (Isaiah 55:  8) 

   Sometimes I wish I could sit down with my Lord and ask the questions that abound in this world.  I do not question His ways; I just wish I knew them more fully.  Yet, I must admit that understanding God and His ways is not possible in this lifetime.

   I wonder why there is so much evil in the world.  I know that evil is not of God, but I also know that He sometimes allows it to exist.  Evil is of Satan, and he is present in all that takes place in this world.  But why are so many willing to follow his ways rather than Gods?

   And yet, without evil how would we know good?  Without sorrow, how would we know happiness?  If we never knew pain, how could we experience joy?  In many ways we learn from comparisons to understand what is not understandable.  Without experiencing the bad as well as the good, we would never appreciate the good.

   What is God’s plan for me?  I guess that’s the question most of us would like to have answered.  If I don’t know His plan how will I know if I am following it.  There are clues and nudges which point me in the right direction but never a clear answer.

   Why do I sin?  I don’t want to sin, but still I do.  Is it the result of original sin or am I weak and easily misled by Satan.  I want to live for God and to obey Him in all things but try as I may I still fail from time to time.  Do I fail because I try to do it on my own when what I need is God’s help?

   There are many questions, but few answers.  Yet even that leads me to trust and faith in God.  The questions fade when I look to Him; I know longer wonder, but place all in His hands.  Through faith, trust, and sincere effort to serve Him I know that in His love and mercy He will lead me home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment