Friday, May 17, 2024

  The Ways of the Lord 

   “How inscrutable are his judgments and how unfathomable his ways.” (Romans 11: 34) 

   I don’t pretend to know the ways of the Lord.  There are so many things in this world that I don’t understand, but I understand that the ways of God are always the right ways.  I may not comprehend the purpose, I may not even like some of His ways, but His ways are the only path to heaven.

   I think many refuse to accept God and His ways because they don’t understand them, but there are many things we don’t understand but still accept.  I don’t understand the inner workings of my own body, but I know that my life depends on them continuing.  I don’t understand advanced mathematics, biology, or many other sciences but I accept that they are of value.

   There are many things that I don’t know and never will know in this life.  I’d like to say that I understand most things, but it seems the more I know the more I understand how much I don’t know.  I sometimes think that not knowing is a plus in some ways.

   I don’t understand the workings of the universe, but I give glory to God for its beauty and its intricacies.  I don’t understand all that happens in my life or on this small piece of God’s creation that we call Earth, but I know He has a plan.  Therefore I look to Him in faith and confidence because I know it is His creation and all He created is good.  My lack of understanding doesn’t change that fact.

   Sometimes I wonder if all my questions will be answered in the next life, but it really doesn’t matter.  All that will matter is the love, joy, and perfection of eternal life in His heavenly kingdom.  To Him be all glory, praise, and thanksgiving, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment