Tuesday, April 18, 2023

 Chatting With the Lord 

   Sometimes it’s good to lay the spiritual books aside, close the bible, and leave the standard prayers for later.  To just relax, clear my mind, and have a good heart to heart talk with the Lord.

   I always have questions for Him.  Am I doing as I should Father?  How can I do better?  Tell me what you want so that I can want it too.  Show me your will so that I can make my will conform to yours.

   There are the times when I’m down and need His comfort, times when things are hard, and I need His strength.  Times when I need a friend to just sit with me and help me through the day.  He never refuses, He is there any time I call, even waiting for my call.

   I know of people who talk about how they hear the Lord and understand His will for them.  Unfortunately, I don’t fall into that category.  I often question whether I’m fulfilling His will in my life.  I know that is what I want to do, but I’m not always sure that I am.  I need His reassurance from time to time.  It would be nice if He would just say, “You’re doing Ok Ed, keep it up.”   But He doesn’t.

   I find that I am most confident that I am on the right path when I feel His peace within me.  I believe that I would not have that peace if I were going astray, instead I would have anxiety and concern.  Maybe that is how He speaks to me, by sharing with me His peace.

   What I am certain of is that my times of just sitting with God, just being in His presence bring me comfort and joy.  I love reading scripture, I enjoy reading spiritual books and learning about the lives of the saints.  I love the prayers we all recite, the Our Father, the Rosary and others.  But there are times when I need some one-on-one quiet time with the One who loves me and whom I love.  Time to refresh my spirit and comfort my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment