Tuesday, April 4, 2023

 I AM 

   “And God said to Moses, ‘I Am who I Am.  This,’ he added, ‘is what you must say to the sons of Israel. I Am has sent me to you.’” (Ex 3: 14) 

   “Jesus replied: ‘I tell you most solemnly, before Abraham ever was, I Am.” (John 8:58) 

   All that we see in life had a beginning and it will have an end.  God, however, had no beginning and will know no end. He is eternal, He existed before time began and will continue to be through all eternity.  Even our soul, which will live eternally, had a beginning; God created it just as He created us.  Only He has always been and will always be.

   Everything that is  good comes from God; joy, happiness, peace and, most of all, love.  When people who say they don’t believe in God talk about love they have no idea what they are talking about.  The love they speak of is primarily an emotion based on human desires and self-gratification.  True love, the love of God is the overwhelming desire for the good of the other rather than self.  It comes only from God, who gives it to us to give back to Him and to share with others.

   If we want to know God, we must go back to God’s words, “I Am”.  He always was and always will be.  Nothing exists except by His will.  We can never completely understand this mystery, but unless and until we accept it we will never know God in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment