Monday, April 3, 2023

 He Cares For Me 

   “I look to the heavens, made by your fingers, at the moon and stars you set it place – ah, what is man that you should spare a thought for him, the son of man that you care for him?” (Psalm 8: 5) 

   Like the psalmist, I can’t help but wonder why God cares for a sinful man like me; and yet He does.

   Like most people, my life has been filled with both good and bad, joy and sorrow.  But what I’ve come to understand is that all is according to God’s will.  This day and whatever it may bring is intended to help me grow in faith and trust in God.  Even the hard times are better tolerated because I am aware of the closeness of God especially in those times.  When I feel I can’t go on is when He helps me the most.

   The sun shines, the world continues on its path and my life goes on.  All of this is according to God’s will and all in God’s will is good.  Do I always understand?  Of course not!  But if I understood all I would have no need for faith and hope, I would be like God.  That desire didn’t work out very well for Adam and Eve and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work out for me as well.

   I am quite satisfied living with all that God chooses to give me in life.  Not because it’s always easy, but because I trust in Him and the promises of the life to come when this one is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment