Friday, April 28, 2023

 Pray and Trust in God 

   Conversations, even among the faithful, far too often turn into gripe sessions.  People complain about the Church, the Pope, the clergy, the politicians, today’s society, and pretty much everything that doesn’t fit exactly what they think it should be.

   I understand the frustration, I get frustrated as well.  But I’ve never been able to figure out what is accomplished by all the complaining.  It doesn’t change anything and causes a lack of peace in those complaining and all those who take part in the complaining.  Except for increasing people’s blood pressure and causing even more frustration these gripe sessions accomplish nothing.

   Rather than complaining to no avail we need to turn to prayer.  Even though our prayers sometimes seem to go answered, or at least not answered in the way we would desire, let’s remember that God always hears the prayers of the faithful.  We may not understand God’s ways, nor do we need to.  We need only to have trust in His ways. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55: 9).  He is God, we are not!

   Let’s stop all the complaining and remember that God is in charge.  Let’s give it to the Lord in prayer and then let it go.  Let us say and live by the words, “But I trust in you, Lord; I say, ‘You are my God’”. (Psalm 31: 15). 

No comments:

Post a Comment