Sunday, April 23, 2023

 Walk In Faith 

   “Only faith can guarantee the blessings that we hope for or prove the existence of the realities that at present remain unseen.” (Heb 11: 1) 

   Without faith I am lost, there is no hope for me or my eternal soul.  The things I hope to see are not visible in this world; the joy and happiness I hope to know are not possible in this world.  For I hope to see the face of God and to live eternally in His heavenly kingdom.

   My faith tells me that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.  He was crucified, died and was buried.  On the third day He rose from the dead.  He ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God, the Father.  He will come again to judge the living and the dead.  By His mercy my sins are forgiven.  Can I prove it?  No!  Is it a fact?  Yes!

   Jesus said, “I am the living bread which has come down from heaven.  Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.” (John 6: 51).  My faith tells me that the unleavened bread and the wine consecrated at Mass truly becomes the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of my Lord Jesus Christ.  He nourishes my soul by feeding me with the Living Bread.  Can I prove it?  No!  Is it a fact?  Yes!

   In faith I look forward to heaven though I honestly have no idea what heaven will be.  My faith in God tells me that whatever it may be, it will be beyond all I’ve ever desired or hoped for.  Though I can't see or know heaven in this life I know it awaits those who believe.  My faith tells me it is true.

   The wisdom of this world cannot and will never understand faith.  The elite of Jesus’ time failed to recognize that Christ was and is the Messiah.  The wisest and smartest in the world today fail to consider that their wisdom is limited by their humanity.  Faith falls far beyond all human understanding.

   Without faith, there is no hope.  In faith I am confident in the beauty and perfection of the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment