Saturday, August 5, 2023

 Happiness 

   “When I found your words, I devoured them; your words were my joy, the happiness of my heart.” (Jeremiah 15: 16) 

   If my happiness is not in the Lord it will not last.  If my happiness is not in God and all His ways it is not true happiness.  Only in God is there happiness that is true and everlasting.

   Everyone wants to be happy.  But happiness is illusive in this world.  What we think brings us joy may bring sorrow instead and the earthly things we desire may be what sets us on the road to hell rather than the path to heaven.

   Even if I should find some happiness in worldly things it will be short-lived.  Though it may last a lifetime, if it is not the happiness that comes from knowing God it will die when I do.  There can be no eternal happiness derived from earthy things; this kind of happiness must come from the Lord.

   If I were asked to give up all happiness in this life to gain eternal happiness in God’s kingdom it would be well worth it.  If all I have was taken from me, if I still have the love and mercy of God I am rich beyond compare.  “ For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul?” (Mark 8: 36)

No comments:

Post a Comment